Vintage Yves Saint Laurent Dress

8:27:00 PM
I find inspiration to make graphics just about anywhere. In fact, a harmless night of swapping photos of fashionable finds led to my next graphic. I think this dress is completely elegant and I very much so wish it was in my closet. What's not to love about vintage?!

As I said in my last post, the shading for the dress is experimental. Lately I've been posterizing my base image then shading according to where the effect shows the light and dark. It gives me a very Stardoll look and looks similar to the work of other artists. This time I used the Cutout effect on Photoshop/Elements on the base image to show me where to shade. I like the finished product a lot. However, I think I'll stick to posterizing. The effect is something to keep in mind. What do you think?

(Click image to enlarge)


I have so many graphics I want to make, and so little time! Stay tuned as I hit the drawing board again.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.